Thursday, December 06, 2007

A new script - work-in-progress

As 2007 draws to a conclusion, I have started working on a new project for 2008. Another short film, it's working title "The Light Before We Land". I am writing this for an actress who I worked with on Whittaker Bay this year and I am excited about the possibilities of this script. I would like to shoot in june/july of next year, depending on funds et al. It's another dark thriller, along the same tone as 'The Calming' but with a lot more character development and a bigger story. Trying to keep it under 14 pages.

I continue to work on 'The San Yisdro Leap'. We are close to having a finished draft. Some revising is needed on the ending which I am excited about. I think this script is gearing up to be a pretty tight feature. Am now working on final touches and additional plot twists with the producer.

All is well with "The Calming". The film went through a slight re-edit last month to tighten some scenes up. Mainly from feedback that I had received while the film has been on the festival circuit. I think that it only makes the film stronger. I am looking forward to screening this new version at the 2008 Cackalacky Film Festival in Charlotee, NC in April.

No comments: