Monday, June 04, 2007

1st words-on-paper draft Complete!

Number of words: 22,229
Number of paragraphs: 3,009
Number of pages: 128
Number of scenes: 131
Number of characters: 36
Number of days writing: 2 months

After 6 pages today, I have finally finished the first draft! It feels good. No, it feels GREAT! I will print it this afternoon and put it in my drawer to leave for a week.

Then I'll read through it once, without notation, reread, make notes, before beginning the first rewrite.

I feel like I've been running a marathon these past two months...today is a good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's quite an accomplishment. Can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Ben. Take a deep breath... :)

Ben said...

Thanks Eric. Y'know, breathing has just become an option again!