Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fox's On The Lot

I don't know where to start with even beginning to describe how disappointed I am in myself and this show. I HATE REALITY TV! Seriously. I HATE IT! I can't believe I've been sucked in to continuing to watch this show. Maybe I secretly like watching car wrecks or something?

And now I hate Steven Spielberg and Mark Burnett for producing what in writing sounded like a potentially great show but in 'reality' is quite possibly the worst show on American TV right now. http://thelot.com

This show seemed like such a good idea. Give 50 filmmakers the chance to show their ability to direct films with the chance to compete for a one million dollar development deal with DreamWorks Pictures. COOL!

But what we have been given is a complete mess of a competition with an inconsistent order of episodes being broadcast, a terrible format taken directly from American Idol which doesn't work for this type of subject matter and a total lack of regard for what is actually interesting.....filmmaking! Last weeks awards episode was like watching a trainwreck of an Oscars ceremony. And the three filmmakers that were voted off, their directing was not the worse in my opinion.

I hate to say it but I think this show is heading downhill fast and at this point, I'm not sure if anything can save it! Especially when the ratings were released yesterday and they are very poor. I'm all for creating opportunities for filmmakers to have a chance at a studio deal but this is not the way to do it. Someone should have met with Simon Cowell on this one...

No comments: